Thursday, July 1, 2010

Flacos Can't Dance

Wow, July is shaping out to be a great month! My classes are really interesting still, but there is so much reading. I finally have a friend group from MLSA. We're all going to Volcano Arenal for the first long weekend! I am so excited! Also, I found out that my teacher Yessenia's brother was the first person to ever when Costa Rica's Who Wants to be a Millionaire. He won on Monday! Is that crazy?
Tonight I brought my friends from school Erin, Isabel, and Jessica to meet my friends from Maximo Nivel. We all chilled out at Feng Sheng aka Corsarios for a good bit. After my MLSA friends left, Phil, Lindsay, Kelly, and I stayed and got some free and unsolicited dancing lessons from a drunk man named Frank. He only gave tips to Kelly and me, but he really didn't show us how to do anything. He just told us to move our hips more. Every command he gave me began with "Flaco, ..." This was him calling me "skinny" since he did not know my name. It was really fun even if we did not ask him to make us dance.
This weekend, The four of us along with Sarah, Jeremy, and some people I don't know are going to Manuel Antonio. I'm only going to be there Saturday night, but I am still excited to spend more time with these people. I have to leave late because my dad and brother are getting here tomorrow night! I am beyond excited to get to hang out with them tomorrow night, Saturday, and then Friday night next week.
Well, I finished my homework early tonight so I am going to try to get some Harry Potter in before bed. ¡Pura Vida!

No comments:

Post a Comment