Friday, July 23, 2010

Getting Laid! Well the Eggs Were...

I picked the perfect location for my final weekend in Costa Rica. Tortuguero is beyond wonderful. You have to take two buses and a boat to get here. It's a tiny island that is what I imagines Costa Rica to be like. I love how rural it is. They don't even have an ATM.
Chad and I met up with some people from Maximo this morning, and the group has been the best possible. I hate that I am only meeting these people now since I am leaving so soon. Chloe and Harriet are these two hilarious British girls that I hope I can visit some time in the future. After an afternoon on the most deserted beach I have been to. Jeremy, Chloe, Chad, Harriet, Rachel, and I went to the most unique restaurant called Café Buddha. The chocolate shake I had was delicious. The restaurant was right on the river with paper lanterns over the tables that lit up as the sun set behind the trees. I have never seen something so beautiful.
After dinner, we met up with our tour guide to go see the turtles lay their eggs on the beach. I will never be able to forget the image of watching these turtles plop out 90 eggs in a short time span. If I were a male turtle, I would refuse to copulate because the turtle vagina looks like it would fit in well with that movie Teeth. It really was an amazing thing to witness even if also slightly revolting.
Tomorrow Chad and I are going to the National Park to see all sorts of other creatures before going back to San José. Phil, Kelly, Kim, and I are seeing the orchestra at the National Theatre. One week left! ¡Pura Vida!

No comments:

Post a Comment