Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Constant Vigilance

Well, July is going to be very different from June. My course load is ridiculously high. I have a presentation, a paper, and a test for one class. For the other, I have three days where I have to lead group discussion and a final paper that I have to present to the class. All of these assignments are based on a semester's worth of readings packed into one month. It'll be tough, but I am excited to challenge myself.
I've made some new friends as well. It's sad to not have Colin, Lindsey, Becky, and everyone around anymore, but I am glad for the new company. I went to salsa lessons on Monday for the second week in a row and met some really nice people from another program. They're really fun to hang out with, and they just got here so it's cool to show them around to places in the neighborhood. Hopefully, Jeremy, Phil, Sarah, Lindsey (another one), and Kelli will continue to be around. All of the friends I have made in my program are older graduate students and teachers. They've all been really nice. People are from all over the US this month. There is even quite a large group from Auburn...
I really need to start reading so that I can do something later tonight. ¡Pura Vida!

1 comment: