Wednesday, July 28, 2010

My Temporary Home

This last week has been wonderfully sad. It's always odd when a conflicting hodgepodge of emotions is thrust upon you. This is definitely one of those situations. I am beyond ready to spend some time in Hoover before a final year at Alabama, but it is going to be very difficult to leave this place behind. Almost ten weeks of my life have been spent here. It's the one place I have lived in the longest after Alabama. I feel as though I am just getting to know this beautiful city and country, and now it is time to leave. I will never forget the experiences I had here nor the people that made them worth having. I will take everything I have learned in my temporary home and make it part of myself for the rest of my life.
On a less emotional note, I've done some pretty cool things this last week. I went to a beautiful park this afternoon in San José called Parque Sabana with my friend Katie. It was previously the national airport, but it has now been transformed into a Central Park or Retiro of sorts. It was nice to see a bit of natural beauty in an urban city. I also turned in my six page paper, which was a great feeling. Now I have two full days left before returning home, and I cannot imagine what leaving will be like. I have to make the most of my little time left, so I am planning on getting one last milkshake at Café Krakovia and having one last night on the town. Of course, I also have to say a special good-bye to Fong Sheng, the chinese restaurant/bar where all of the good nights began. I'll be home soon! ¡Pura Vida!

1 comment: