Thursday, July 8, 2010

The German Invasion

This week has been great! I am now only taking one class. This means that I don't have to go to school until 10:40 everyday. I am so glad I get to sleep more. Also the work load is a little less. I am still reading a lot, but it's not as bad it once was. I really love my Generation of 98 class. It's only five people, but we have really great discussions about al of the readings. Also, the teacher is just a crazy guy. It's so much fun.
One day after class this week, Isabel, Erin, Jessica, and I went to watch the Spain vs Germany match at Hooters. This was quite an experience. Everyone in the restaurant was going crazy during the game. It reminded me of Alabama football games. The food was great as well even if it was a tad pricier than what I am accustomed to here.
Yesterday, a new housemate arrived from Germany. Her name is Elisa, and she is only 17 years old. Luckily, she speaks English, but I cannot use any difficult words because she doesn't know what I'm saying. I'm excited to hang out with her for the rest of the month. Last night I had a good night out at Ciros with a group of friends, and I met two Canadiens who did IB at there high school. We felt like big nerds talking about IB at a bar on a Thursday night, but I was okay with that.
This weekend I am staying around San José to work on an short essay for class and to see my dad and brother. Sunday I am headed to the beach for the afternoon. Next weekend I am going to Arenal, which is the youngest and most active volcano in Costa Rica!

No comments:

Post a Comment