Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Now I Have to Blog, Feeling Terrible about My Body

Thanks to Kris Jenner for the inspiration for the title.

This past week was a busy one. Mike and I worked at two separate Get on Board days at Shelton State Community College and the University of Alabama. We helped to sign up over 700 possible volunteers total. How many of these people will actually end up helping? Probably not too many, but any amount makes a difference. I loved getting to be back on campus and talk to people. Also, I had Jake send all of the pledges of Alpha Psi Omega over to me in order to get a point. I'm so excited for all of the new pledges, and I'm not even a member anymore. The best part of the day had to be at the very end when I stepped in the mud hole that is always located by the Ferguson Center Parking Deck. When I pulled my foot out, my sandal flicked mud all up my back. This was the state that I had to go to Steve Burch's office to audition for his staged reading of Hecuba. I doubt I could have looked more professional.

The rest of the week wasn't too eventful. Thursday I twiddled my thumbs as Mike and Haley got to go to meet Nick Saban at the Habitat house dedication and right as I was about to go home I got an interesting phone call at work. The new centralization of the Health and Safety department has resulted in a few snags. One of these being that two of our instructors were not informed that they were teaching classes Thursday night. Thus, I taught my first two Red Cross courses in First Aid and Adult CPR/AED. It's really starting to feel like I have an actual job, which is just too odd.

Thursday night involved a rousing bit of trivia with Michelle and Nina, Leah's surprise bar crawl, and the first pledge dance rehearsal. It's a passion of mine to watch awkward dance rehearsals but not to participate in them. I'm so excited to see the final product at Guerrilla this weekend. Drey and Corey have done a great job choreographing.

Friday included a flop of a community day with the higlights of Sarah Jones stopping by to catch up and Wen bringing Mike and me sweet teas because he thought it looked hot outside. Then Sarah and I continued talking at El Rincon for a long dinner and Margarita venture joined by Marianne and others.

Saturday: Game Day! I'm so glad college football has started back up. There are few things that I would wake up at 8 on a Saturday for. Tailgating is one of them. Sarah Michelle Gellar and traveling are the others. Sarah and I watched the game from the rooftop restaurant The Bear Trap and were glad to be sitting in a nice breeze as opposed to the hot bowl of the stadium. It was too bad that Auburn pulled that one with Utah State out. I had my fingers crossed for a bit of an embarrassment.

That night Morgan (Morgy Porgy) and I got to have some quality time at a porch party at Michael and Garbiel's downtown. It's always great when someone makes you look less awkward by comparison. That's what friends are for.

Sunday, I just watched Away We Go and an episode of Buffy with Chris before coming home. I loved the movie and the free homemade pumpkin soup, chocolate chip cookies, and rosemary bread that accompanied it. It was a much more enjoyable experience than the last movie we watched... After watching "Hush," I got the extreme pleasure of driving Chris to a party in the Altadena area of Hoover. Google maps made this trip much longer than necessary.

Monday, Sarah, Jake, and I got reacquainted with our favorite housewives in Beverly Hills. It seems like things are going to get pretty heated this season if anyone is looking for a trashy reality show to watch. Natalie and I also had our first rehearsal for our Guerrilla scene from WTC View by Brian Sloan. We are so pumped to work on it and show it this weekend. So come to Guerrilla Saturday at 11! Doors open at 10:30, and people get in line ever earlier outside of the Allen Bales theatre in Rowand Johnson hall.

Obviously a lot happened last week. I'll try and keep a low profile so that there's less to read next time.

1 comment:

  1. Now I have to comment on your blog, feeling terrible about my body.

    If they make Lisa Vanderpump the villain of this season of RHOBH I am going to flip a table like no other. That woman is a gem!

    ReplyDelete