Friday, July 1, 2011

Livin La VISTA Loca

I love cheesy entry titles.

Anyway, this first week at work has been so much fun mixed with a little bit of boredom. The person that would have been my main supervisor left the Red Cross before I got here, so none of the training I need to do was prepared. It's kind of okay, though, because it gave me a chance to settle into the work environment. I did a bunch of office work, which I oddly enjoy.
I love everyone I work with so much even if I am younger. They are all so passionate about what they do that it's inspiring. Most of them are volunteers! They work full days of work for no pay just because they love the organization. I am beginning to feel the same way, and I've only been there a week. I'm excited to see how the job develops especially once the other four VISTAs show up in the next few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment