Sunday, July 17, 2011

I less than three 22nd Street

Week three of Americorps has proved to be the most thrilling thus far. I actually took my first disaster course on Disaster Services: an Overview. It was rather basic, but I am just glad to actually start doing my job. I also got to create an incident report on the online system, which may not sound fun, but with my love of filling in blanks it was quite the event. It's also rather important to know how to do.
The best day of the week was the most frustrating due to lack of work activity on other days. On Friday after three hours of sleep post Harry Potter, which I won't blog about because no one wants to hear me complain about it, I was eager to do something at work to avoid sleeping on my desk.
I got what I hoped for. I was asked to go pick up 6 CPRO books from the Birmingham office. Sounds easy, right? Sarah, the Health and Safety Director, gave me the address and phone number, and I took a company car for what should have been an hour drive to southside of Birmingham. Well, the address they gave her was not the correct one. It went to their blood donation center. The only thing they knew to tell me was that the office was on 22nd St. I spent the next hour and a half searching 22nd Street for this mysterious other office. They had an office on northside, but it moved to southside even if they didn't change this address on the internet. All three of these buildings are on 22nd street. That just seems a little odd.
I have another class next week, and another VISTA will be arriving soon. I had a great weekend at the Wesley Reunion and an ETC improv show as well as hearing some random New Orleans band and watching 30 Rock. Hopefully, the highlight of the work week won't be getting lost for an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment