Saturday, May 29, 2010

La Isla Tortuga

The past few days have been wonderful. Last night we went to Jazz Café to listen to a salsa band that was conducted by a Grammy winner. It was really fun, but it was nothing compared to today. At 5 this morning, I woke up and went down to the bus stop so that I could make it to school by 6 in order to go to Tortuga Island with my program. We rode a bus for two hours to a port city. Then we got to ride on a party boat for an hour until we got to the island. It was a private beach that was beautiful. I can't describe it fully and do it justice. I'm putting pictures on facebook for everyone to enjoy. I did, however, get burned very badly because my skin has not see the sun in years. I'm crossing my fingers that it'll be okay, but I'm not too optimistic. I'm so ready for a lazy Sunday tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment