Friday, May 18, 2012

The Ghost Pepper Initiative

The Ghost Pepper Initiative is a plan Michelle, Amber, and I have concocted to get my soon to be former roommate back for the amount of my food he has eaten. Now that I am officially moving out Tuesday I would feel fine leaving laxative a ghost pepper laced lasagna in the refrigerator for him.

I was lucky enough to have my apartment alone for most of last week, so I got to buy my groceries and actually eat them! He got back on Tuesday, though, and since then no frozen burrito or home cooked pasta dish has been safe.

Last weekend began with cookie making, ribbon cutting, and wedding movie watching with Michelle.I'm getting too close to the age of the characters in these movies. I guess I can just hope that I'll break up a friend's engagement while we're spending summer weekends in the Hamptons...

Not likely, so in the meantime I've been focusing, probably too much, on work. Some friends are trickling back into town, so I'm hoping that will result in offsetting the large amount of work I'm doing at times. The weekend was nice and relaxing. After two months apart, Taylor and I finally saw each other in person at On Tap by the Galleria. I pretended to like some different beers while also enjoy some Irish Nachos. These were french fries with white cheese dip on them. How that's Irish I'll never know.

That night Rachel Folsom and I had a reuniting/ good-bye dinner at Waffle House. She's going to graduate school for counseling at the University of North Texas in Denton, and for some reason she moved on Monday! Thus squeezing in a last minute hang out was imperative. Our parents live only a few blocks from each other, so we often ride together to the Waffle House down the street and sit in the same booth.We chatted long after our food was gone about a range of things, the most important being how odd it is to be doing such adult things. Now I just need to do some of those things. It still kind of feels like I'm doing a victory lap of college. It's time to say, "Good-bye," to Alabama.

Then work this week has been all kinds of crazy. I was supposed to teach Monday night, but there was a fire and hour before class, so Cody had to teach and I responded to the fire with Elise. Then Tuesday there was a call for a fire in York as I was on my way out the door. I drove the hour down there, did the case work, came back, put it in the computer, and went home to discover my roommate was there and had eaten three of my frozen burritos in less than 12 hours. I quickly left my apartment to regain some sanity while watching Glee with Corey Rives. It was two hours of mediocrity with some brilliance sprinkled in.

Wednesday, I spent the day teaching in Sulligent followed by a quick lunch with Nanny in Yampertown, which was accompanied with the trying on of clothes and receiving of hand me downs that I will most likely never wear. I just indulge her. I got back in time just for things at the office to get crazy, so trivia was a much needed release that night. Cody and I did really well! IF ONLY HE HAD LOOKED THE HINT UP CORRECTLY This is the last time I'll mention it or I might damage our friendship. I'm just glad he didn't wait outside Wings U all night thinking it was Buffalo Wild Wings.

Thursday was thankfully quiet and ended with an upsetting trivia performance. It was Michelle's last one! I can't believe it. She's moving to my dream city in a few weeks, and I couldn't be happier for her. I just need to get my butt up there too as quickly as I can.

Today, James and I went on an adventure to take a picture of a generator at the old building. No one told me it was the one outside they wanted a picture of, so we looked in every pod, conex box, and in the moldy chapter itself for the small generators. I made him pose with them for the pictures. I will be very sad to leave him here when I go. If I ever need to be kept in check with some incoherent insults, I'll give him a call. He'll tell me I look like a voice lesson or make fun of my friends, my love of chicken, and my short pants.

No comments:

Post a Comment