Thursday, February 23, 2012

This Show is Boonanas

With how busy things are getting, I am realizing that I need to be taking notes everyday to remember what needs to be written here. With rehearsals and work, my mind is just completely blank. This week marked the last of our rehearsals for Hamlet. We open tonight! This has been by far the quickest process for a show. I’m really excited for everyone to be able to come and see it. It runs this weekend and the next two Thursdays through Sundays. Sundays at 2:00 and 7:30 every other night.


On Thursday last week, I got the pleasure of attending a PR presentation done by students at the University of Alabama. I was really impressed by the amount of professionalism in the school of communication. Arts and Sciences did not do anything to prepare their students for actual careers. This campaigns class was able to plan and pitch a bar crawl, a volunteer recognition event, and a book fundraiser. While the presentations did have their flaws, it was a great start. I’m just glad those responsibilities got placed onto them and not me. Though, the girls in the class did volunteer me to grill at these events. I told them that would be a great idea if they didn’t want anyone to eat.

Tuesday, I led the Hispanic Service Providers meeting at the Tuscaloosa Police Department. This was after I spent so much time retyping my entire email list into Excel that morning. On my day off, I had accidentally deleted the distribution list. I officially hate Outlook. I had remained neutral up to this point, but now I’ve taken a side. The meeting went really well in the way that a large group of people actually showed up. I think the event is really going to come together, but I will be so happy when it’s done. I never thought I’d be the main person trying to organizing a 500 person health fair for the Latin American community, but it seems to be going okay.

Wednesday turned out not to be the day of dread I thought it would. I had a dream I had an emotional breakdown in the state office, and almost prophetically I received an email the next day requiring my attendance at a regional VISTA meeting for Red Cross. Luckily, I did not need to partake of the hidden stashes of alcohol in the building. They were either really fake or are actually okay with what we’re doing for the most part. It was also nice to meet some people just beginning their VISTAship. I wish I had been as lucky to have this kind of meeting. Instead the same person that led the meeting yesterday gave me a bag of keys and told me to find out what they went to.

I was so happy that Amanda Coppock came into town this weekend. We were able to go to Iguana Grill in Hoover and catch up. I also told her about Bama Memes and am highly considering making a Red Cross Meme group just for the people in the office. I think I’ll actually do that right now.


Rehearsals went really well over the weekend. The cast is really enjoying our time together. Sometimes we enjoy it too much as seen in the amount of backstage noise. We laugh a ghost pick up lines and people trying to get in and out of costumes among many other things. At least we don’t laugh during the funeral scene anymore. The cast went to JClyde after rehearsal Thursday to wind down. During this time, JJ looked at the television and asked if ESPN was currently running a story on Tim T’bow. This weekend we got a cast photo taken, which looks amazing, at least on my end. This makes up for how much of a doof I am in the promotional video.


During our final dress rehearsal, some women from Saint Anne’s Shelter came to see the show. Unfortunately, one of them got sick right as Sally was cleaning the bathrooms. Because they all rode together, they all had to leave after the first intermission. Some people speculated it was all a ploy to get out of seeing a Shakespeare show. Please don’t let this color your opinion of how the show may be. Last night, to avoid another cold shower and surprise drug party at my apartment, I went with Taylor and Michael to Formaggio’s for some mediocre, late night Italian. Since I went in with these expectations, they delivered. Whilst eating. JJ, Billy Ray, Jason, and Burt showed up after telling us they weren’t interested in coming. Taylor made the mistake of telling JJ to take his girlfriend’s place, who also came to visit. He’s doesn’t know what he got himself into with that offer, or rather what he’ll get into himself. J/k JJ just enjoys pretending to be creepy.

Here’s a link to the promotional video followed by the James Quotes of the week.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IO--3KJBRkc&feature=youtu.be

James Quotes

“I like Riesling or just nay kind of wine.” –Holli

“You drink Mad Dog?” –James

“It’ll make you get drunk and run naked down the road.” –James on home brew

“Get me some of those chicken fingers.” –James demanding me to buy him food

“You went to bed that early? You weren’t in there alone.” –James on Wynease’s sleeping

"It's a bur-tiful day, whoo weee, make me wanna get doooooowwwwwnnnnnn. I may even lay outdoors all night til I wanna come in." –James

“Y’all Heard dat? She’s finally gonna take y’all home and put you in another pot. Finally y’all gone get some privacy.” –James talking to Holli’s birthday flowers



No comments:

Post a Comment