Monday, November 28, 2011

There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow



This is part one of a three part blog about my Thanksgiving week. The post would be so long that no one would read it if I condensed it into one.

The week started with an early afternoon flight from the crazily busy Birmingham International Airport. The person checking us in at the Southwest desk asked me if I was old enough to have an idea. Do I really look fourteen? If he saw what I actually looked like at that age, I don't think he would question it.

I wish more than anything that I had a working camera because I would have taken a picture of everything I ate in order to display it here. After I passed a certain age, our trips to Disney have become more about the food than the attractions. The first night we had my favorite meal of the entire week at the restaurant in the Mexican pavilion. I had a great steak, tostadas, black beans, rice, and a caramel crepe. Also my Spanish accent was complimented. She was just asking for a good tip. Here's a picture of the restaurant. It's inside, but they give it an evening ambiance.  


That was all we did the first night because Sunday was the Magical World of Harry Potter day. We LOVED it. My mom had obviously been doing some research and knew we needed to get in line for The Forbidden Journey ride as soon as possible. The line was almost as good as the ride itself. They have great property designers. One of my friend's dad actually made the desk in Dumbledore's office. The ride was amazing. I was screaming the entire time just out of giddiness. We even got to see the Triwizard Tournament Pep Rally. It was a great nerdy experience, and I was so happy that I was wearing my Quidditch on the Quad shirt.



Monday was another food filled day. My brother and I walked over to MGM, now known as Hollywood Studios, and spent the early morning doing the new Star Tours and the classic Great Movie Ride. We also ate at the ABC Commissary where I had a great chicken curry. It probably wasn't too legit, though. Then we met up with my parents to eat at their favorite restaurant: Le Cellier. It's the restaurant in the Canadian pavilion at EPCOT. The two things I love there are the Cheddar Cheese Soup and the literal chocolate moose.

That night Will and I continued our nightly activity of riding Mission Space and Test Track before having a friendly foot race back to the room at The Beach Club. This concludes part one of my Disney travels. Please listen to the song featured in Disney's Carousel of Progress that provided this instalment's title.

1 comment:

  1. Aside from the fact that I am completely jealous that you go to Disney World every year, I think that chocolate moose is adorbz.

    ReplyDelete