Monday, October 24, 2011

A Series of Fortunately Crazy Events

This week was one for the record books. So much happened that I can't wait a full week to write about it. This blog will discuss the following events: work, Paranormal Activity 3, APO's Big Little Night, Alabama versus Tennessee, the Waffle House fight, and Sunday dinner and television with Sarah.

Work will only cover a brief portion because not too much happened since Wednesday night. Thursday night a bunch of volunteers came from the University of South Carolina's Wesley Foundation, and they were able to completely empty and reorganize the three pods sitting in the old building's parking lot. They were so much fun to work with, and their campus minister actually knew my campus minister, Ken! That night I taught Disaster Assessment to a small group and talked to another group at the Bama Red Cross Club. Friday, solely consisted of teaching a Shelter Operations course to a group of nurses in school in Birmingham and a lot of sitting around waiting for it to be 4:30.

Now on to the far more interesting portions of the weekend.

Thursday night I went with a group of theatre people to see Paranormal Activity 3 at midnight. It was too good. I love the community mentality of seeing a scary movie in the theatre. Everyone is in the fear together, which was very applicable in this movie. The last fifteen minutes were heart attack inducing.


Friday was Alpha Psi Omega's Big Little Night. Finally, I was lucky enough to have a little of mine yield grandlittles. Drew got Katie and Sam as the newest members to our APO family. We aren't as flashy or boastful as some of the other families, but I think we're plenty fun and all oddly similar. For example, my two grandlittles and I were able to sit in my car and listen toHarry Potter and the Deathly Hallows on CD. I had a good bit of fun helping littles solve their clues and watching them with their completed outfits on. Drew had his dress as pokemon. I'll post a picture when they get on facebook. Here is an example of a dressing up pair from the first year we did it.


Friday night I stayed with Natalie on campus so that I wouldn't have to drive and park for the game Saturday. We woke up around lunch and watched Halloweentown on television before going out to the quad for tailgating. There was so much free food! It was wonderful. After that I went to the game with a bunch of theatre people. Before the game ever started, we witnessed a young man throw up onto our seating area and then he fell backwards into it as he tried to leave. Things became a little less eventful after that until the second half at least. I'm so excited for the LSU game. It should be pretty intense just like two years ago. I'm so glad I was able to see Tennessee lose again. Just four games left unil post season!
 

Well after a short bit of post game celebration at the Jungle, an apartment handed down through the theatre department, Natlie decided it would be a good idea for a group of us to go to Waffle House, so we did. We had fun eating and talking, and then things took a turn for the violent. I'll let the video explain it all. Here's a picture of our pre incident happiness followed by the video link.


http://www.youtube.com/verify_age?next_url=http%3A//www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3D2YKrw-2njeI%26feature%3Dshare

Due to violent content, you'll have to sign in on youtube to prove your age, or you can view it on my wall. Look for me between 1:30 and 1:45. I'm trying to save my friend in the Houndstooth coat from getting beat up. Luckily, Kaitlin was able to climb over the counter into the kitchen area.

Sunday, Sarah and I made some enchiladas that we found on pinterest. They weren't too hard to make and tasted great. It was the perfect compliment to Once Upon a Time, RHONJ, and Sisterwives. Of course, we also made some cookies to go along with it. Hopefully she'll be posting some pictures on her blog.
http://thesimplysarahblog.blogspot.com/

Now that I'm pimping her blog, hopefully she'll return the favor. Sometimes it just takes two.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for pimping my blog!! I did put pictures up for the delicious enchiladas.

    Also, I didn't know that Halloween Town was on TV Saturday! Sad.com/leftout!!

    ReplyDelete