Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Off on a Toot

I can't believe I've been back from San Francisco for two weeks now. I had to wait that long for enough interesting things to happen to making posting worth it. We'll start with "professional" updates and go on to the more ridiculous.

I have a job like offer! I was getting nervous just because I had sent out a dozen resumes and heard NOTHING besides one company telling me that they only hire in destination countries. To which I replied, "How's that Antarctica trip working out for you?" Then a week ago I heard from Smithsonian Student Tours. They have partnered with EF Tours, a company with which I have traveled three times. After a phone interview, I am excited to announce that I'll be attending their three day orientation and final interview in Washington D.C. to hopefully work a tour during the Inauguration with hopes of full season employment after that. Someone else in my San Francisco class will be there as well, so I'm excited to catch up and hopefully impress them with more success than impressing McKayla Maroney.

Speaking of McKayla, I am doing my best to educate my fellow cast members of Second Samuel on the ways of the internet generally through the usage of abbreviations, emoticons, and memes. o.O has become a popular one due to the amount of awkward situations we find ourselves in. I am so glad I was given the opportunity to do this show. It's filled with great people, and I don't even mind wearing the overalls at this point. We're having an audience for our final dress tonight, so I hope it goes well especially since it's Greg's birthday and all....

In the Health and Wellness are of my life, Sarah Rogers and I are on top of our game. We recently discovered that both of our families purchased memberships to the YMCA near our homes. We decided to take advantage of this membership because we doubt either one of us will actually pay for a membership on our own. Today we thought it would be a good idea to get a total body work out by taking the Y Cross class at 8:30 this morning. In true mature fashion, we laughed through the entire thing because we are ridiculously out of shape and barely made it through the hour and half. There are no water breaks! The instructor encouraged us to stay for the second class immediately after. I would have been dead on the push-up ball.

To fill up some of my time, I have started volunteering at the Birmingham Jefferson Red Cross downtown. My first day there was quite an interesting one. It started with discovering a squished plum in my backpack that I had placed there on July 21st. I had been seeing all these fruit flies upstairs and internally blaming it on my brother for leaving food in his room. I guess that was karmic. Then I rush downtown to meet with the woman who will show me where everything is in the office, and she had left hours earlier. After thirty minutes of waiting for another staff member to come back, the woman answering the phones left and promised another man was coming to take her place. JK He never showed up, so I attempted to answer the phones, but they were much fancier than the Tuscaloosa model. I eventually figured it out, and boy am I glad I did. I called someone to ask them to complete a survey. They didn't answer, but their voicemail was as thus in the automated voice "You have reached the voicemail box of..." and in her voice "Baby Child."

Well, now I am really engrossed in finding out if Scooby and the gang will be able to capture the Snow Ghost and still enjoy their skiing weekend. If your in Birmingham, come see my show this weekend or next!  




No comments:

Post a Comment