Monday, December 5, 2011

Anything Goes

While this week wasn't as exciting as a vacation, there were some high points including major life decisions, a great movie, and a formal on a boat. The last item being the loose connection to the post title and an even looser connection to this picture.

While on the way back from Disney World, the bus on the way to the airport played a slew of videos. One of which was for the Disney Adventure tours around the world. As I was watching the commercial, I thought to myself that I would love doing a job like that. Upon researching I discovered that their application process begins in August, and it was the only travel website I found that even had job listings. Eventually I came across an article that mentioned going to a travel guide institute. It listed one in particular, The International Tour Management Institute in San Francisco. I applied on Sunday and after a 45 minute phone interview on Tuesday I was accepted to fill a slot in their July course. You can read more about IMTI by clicking here. I'm so excited about this opportunity, but it's seven months away. My excitement will have to be contained. The best thing about this job is that I still get to do what I love to do at the Red Cross in my spare time, and I can live anywhere that I want.

Other than that exciting news, work was filled with fire cases and a great community day in Sawyerville on Friday. Mike and I went to a restaurant called D-Ray's to get people interested in becoming Red Cross volunteers and to sign holiday cards for American servicemen overseas. This place had great hamburgers, so if for some reason you find yourself in Sawyerville, AL, you need to check it out.

Wednesday was trivia night again. Even though we didn't win anymore money, we still had the best team name. We were Chico's Red Trivia Newton Klondike Bar Pary. It's a mixture of all the names of the teams that regularly attended during league play. We also got our last free pizza off of out winnings, so it looks like we'll have to pay for Old Mexico next time. It's a great pizza with a refied bean base and covered with all of the toppings you would associate with nachos. Brown's Corner is dying for business, and Wednesday night is half priced pizza and wine night!

 Friday night Alpha Psi Omega rented the Bama Belle Riverboat for their formal. It was a really cool experience, but I hate that it had to be so early. It gave people too much time to drink that night, which was evident in some later behaviors. The boat was decorated for Christmas, which was a nice touch, and it was just great to see all of my school friends that I don't get to see too often.


Saturday Lexi and I went to Bento and to see The Muppet Movie. I have always enjoyed the Muppets, so I thought the movie was the right level of silly and cute. It made me want to watch all of the old ones again. Sadly, none of them are instant watch on Netflix not even the one in which they go to outer space.

All week Sarah and I watched our usual television shows including the premiere of Virgin Diaries, Ringer, Glee, and All American Muslim. Besides all of the awkward virgin talk, our favorite thing to see was the choice of sweaters for Kurt. I wish I could find a picture to show you.

Now I need to continue to try to find a place to live in January. Let me know if you hear of anything that has a lease ending in June or July!      

No comments:

Post a Comment